A WORLD WORTH SEEING
SUSTAINABLE CONTACT LENSES
SUSTAINABILITY AT ACUVUE®
ACUVUE® is committed to sustainable solutions that help you see the world and ensure it’s a place worth seeing. That means ensuring all our ACUVUE® contact lenses are made with 100% renewable electricity and that they are all fully recyclable through the ACUVUE® Contact Lens Recycling Programme – which has seen over 11 million contact lenses, blister packs and foils recycled since 2019†
Find out more about some of the ways we’re creating a more sustainable future below.
OUR SUSTAINABLE VISION WITH OUR CONTACT LENSES
We know that we have a role to play in helping people around the world see better, connect better and live better.
But we also know that delivering our mission shouldn’t come at the expense of the environment. Because to have healthy people, we need a healthy planet.
That’s why we’re constantly innovating to find sustainable solutions focused in three key areas: tackling climate change, reducing waste and protecting our natural world.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY COMMITMENTS
We’re reducing our carbon footprint and increasing our use of renewable energy. Since 2022, all ACUVUE® contact lenses are now made with 100% renewable electricity.
Protecting The Natural World
We’re working hard to limit our use of natural resources and find ways to protect the environment. All our paper packaging for ACUVUE® contact lenses come from responsibly managed forests helping combat deforestation.
We’re tackling our environmental impact by reducing waste, using less resources and helping you recycle more. Since 2019, the ACUVUE® Contact Lens Recycling Programme has seen over 11 million contact lenses, blister packs and foils recycled†.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
† JJV Data on File 2023. ACUVUE® Contact Lens Recycling Scheme monthly statistics as supplied by recycling partner TerraCycle®
1. JJV Data on File 2023. Sustainability Statistics for ACUVUE® Contact Lens Manufacturing
2. Visit: https://www.jnj.com/environmental-sustainability/climate-and-energy-action. Visit: https://www.jjvision.com/press-release/johnson-johnson-vision-reinforces...
3. JJV data on File 2022. Annual waste data from Limerick + Jacksonville Data Substantiation for ACUVUE Manufacturing Recycled Materials
4. JJ Campus Ireland ISO50001 Re-Certification. JJ Campus Ireland ISO50001 Certification
5. CO2 savings are based on engineering estimates completed at the time the projects were approved. Equivalency calculation was completed using US EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator. JJV Data on File 2022. Data Substantiation for Paper Packaging Certification Claim