Preparing for Your Optician Appointment & Test
When scheduling your appointment with the optician, be sure to mention the following so that they can book the correct type of appointment:
BEFORE & DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Here are some tips to do and think about before and during your visit to the opticians.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
Your glasses, prescription and contact lenses if you currently wear them.
Your ACUVUE® Contact Lenses free† trial voucher.
WHAT TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR OPTICIAN
- How healthy are my eyes and what is my level of vision?
- How might my vision change with time?
- Do I need vision correction or not and what are my vision correction options?
- Which vision correction option is going to give me the best vision and the most flexibility, given my lifestyle and needs?
- What are the advantages of trying both contact lenses and glasses?
- How often should I return for an eye test?
- Which type of contact lenses would you recommend?
- Do all contact lenses provide UV blocking?
- Will it be easy for me to learn how to put on and take off contact lenses and take care of them?
For more information about wearing ACUVUE® Contact Lenses, download our patient instruction guides for daily disposable or reusable daily wear contact lenses.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT*
*The process might vary from practice to practice.
Firstly, the optician will ask you some questions
This allows them to get to know more about you and your lifestyle, in order to decide which type of contact lenses are best suited to your needs.
Then, the optician will conduct a vision check
The optician will check your vision, the health of your eyes and take the necessary measurements.to help determine your prescription.
Then, you will discuss contact lens options
Your optician will discuss all the suitable options with you and together you will decide on the best type of contact lenses based on your eyes and lifestyle.
Finally, the selected lens is fitted
Your optician will check your vision and the contact lens fit to make sure the lenses are suitable and fit your eyes properly. You will also learn how to put on, take off and care for your lenses.
GET STARTED WITH CONTACT LENSES
†Please note professional eye examination and fitting fees may apply. UK residents 18 or over only. One trial per person. Eligibility subject to optician approval. Participating opticians only. See link for full terms and conditions.