Exercising or Playing Sport With Contact Lenses
Whether you’re an extreme sports enthusiast or just go running occasionally, contact lenses give you the freedom to focus on your sport.
- Lenses give you clear all-round vision without the frames of your glasses restricting your view.
- They don’t slip down your nose when you sweat or pick up reflections that distort your view.
- They don't mist up or get splashed by the rain, and won’t break if something accidentally hits you in the face.
- They can be worn with masks, helmets or any other type of sporting headgear.
- All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have ultraviolet blocking to help protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
WHAT’S YOUR SPORT?
No matter what your sport is, contact lenses give you the freedom to perform at your best.
Running and gym
Whether you like to run, jog or work out at the gym, glasses can sometimes get in the way. Contact lenses can help you go the extra mile, and you won’t have to worry about your glasses slipping down your nose, steaming up or bouncing up and down to the rhythm of your feet.
Football and rugby
For the rough and tumble of football and rugby, contact lenses are a no-brainer as it saves you worrying about your glasses getting knocked off, steaming up or getting dirty and blocking your vision.
Cycling and mountain biking
If you like cycling, you’ll love the liberating feeling of contact lenses. Unlike glasses, lenses won’t get splashed or dirty, and they don’t stream up. Plus, they won’t get in the way of your helmet, and allow you to wear sunglasses.
Tennis, squash and badminton
Contact lenses give you a more complete, all-round view so you can track a ball without the frames of your glasses restricting your view.
When it comes to rock climbing, mountain biking or horse riding, contact lenses are the obvious choice. Halfway up a cliff face is no place to be fiddling with your glasses.
Contact lenses mean you can wear any style of non-prescription goggles or wraparound shades on the slopes. ACUVUE® brand lenses also help protect your eyes from ultra violet rays reflecting off the snow or from the sky *.
WHICH CONTACT LENSES ARE BEST FOR SPORT?
†Please note professional eye examination and fitting fees may apply. UK residents 18 or over only. One trial per person. Eligibility subject to optician approval. Participating opticians only. See link for full terms and conditions.
1. If you like to swim or take part in water sports, seek advice from your optician about activities involving contact with water. Exposing contact lenses to water may increase the risk of eye infection. If your lenses unexpectedly come into contact with water, discard them and replace them with a fresh pair.
2. UV absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear such as UV absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed by your Optician.