We share your passion about protecting the world around us, from tackling deforestation to reducing carbon emissions and our use of water.
That is why all ACUVUE® contact lenses guarantee 100% sustainable paper and pulp packaging (box and leaflet) certified by either the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council), PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) or SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative)1.
We’re proud of our award-winning credentials: Product of the Year 2017 by Environmental Leader for sustainable packaging with ACUVUE® OASYS 1-Day2.
PRESERVING CO2 AND CLEAN WATERWAYS
We’re also committed to reducing carbon emissions and protecting water resources by:
- Saving 42,000 tonnes of CO2 per year through renewable and energy efficiency initiatives, equivalent to removing 9,074 cars from the road3.
- Introducing 100% renewable electricity from wind power at our production site in Limerick, Ireland4.
- Limiting water usage through sustainable changes in our manufacturing.
- Actively encouraging all ACUVUE® contact lens wearers not to flush their lenses.
And it doesn’t stop there. By 2025 we’re committed to sourcing 100% of our electricity from renewable energy sources and achieving carbon neutrality in all our operations by 20305.
1. JJV Data on File 2021. Data Substantiation for Paper Packaging Certification Claim
2. Visit: https://www.environmentalleader.com/environmental-leader-product-project.
3. JJV Data on File 2021. Data Substantiation for Energy Effciency and Renewable Energy Projects at US and Ireland ACUVUE Contact Lens Manufacturing Facilities
4. JJV Data on File 2020. Sustainability Statistics for ACUVUE Contact Lens Manufacturing
5. Visit https://www.jnj.com/global-environmental-health/climate-and-energy
© Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. 2021