- Promoter: Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies (UK) Ltd, Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, Pinewood Campus, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, RG30 3EW.
- The promotion runs between 00:00:01 on 1 March 2015 and 23:59:59 on 31 May 2015.
- The Promotion is open to UK, ROI, IoM and Channel Islands residents. Entrants must be aged 16 years and older and excludes employees of the Promoter and participating opticians, their immediate families, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
- Entrants aged 16 or 17 must have parental/guardian permission prior to entering.
- Internet access is required to enter the promotion. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are delayed, corrupted, misdirected or are not received by the Promoter for any technical or other reason whatsoever. Proof of submitting an online entry is not accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter.
- The Promotion is limited to one entry per person. For the avoidance of doubt only one entry will be accepted per person which must be on an email address that is unique to the promotion. Entrants may only sign up for a free trial once and a maximum of one prize can be won per person.
- No bulk entries. Any person making an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified. If there is any reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Terms and Conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, immediately disqualify such entrant(s).
- To participate, an entrant must:
- have a contact lens consultation with an optician in a participating store;
- be confirmed as being suitable to use 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brand Contact Lenses and sign up for a free trial. Professional consultation and fitting fees may apply. Ask your optician for more details;
- visit www.acuvue.co.uk/define, complete the online form with their personal details listed in Condition 9, upload a photograph of their eyes whilst wearing 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Contact Lenses and complete a short text paragraph on their experience of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® in line with Condition 10;
- complete all fields of registration and submit their entry before each relevant entry deadline (see Condition 17) and, in respect of the last prize draw, no later than 23:59:59 on 31 May 2015. Entries received after this time will be rejected. ROI resident entrants must also answer a skill question on the promotional site in order to comply with ROI legal requirements (see Condition 10).
- All entries must provide the following information in the online entry form: first name, last name, email address, 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Contact Lens product variant that was prescribed for trial (NATUAL SHIMMER™ or NATURAL SPARKLE™) and a password. The Promoter reserves the right to reject entries that supply incorrect or incomplete information.
- ROI residents only: As well as completing all entry requirements specified in these Terms and Conditions, residents of ROI will be required to answer a skill question on the promotional site. The entry form will detail a question and entrants must answer with one option from a list titled A, B, C or D. Only entrants who answer the skill question correctly will go into the prize draw. This follows ROI legal requirements.
- In the event an entrant's email address becomes inaccessible or corrupted for any reason whatsoever during the promotion, the Promoter is unable to retrieve or transfer an existing entry to a new email address and that entry will become invalid.
- Entrants must also upload:
- An image showing their own eyes with 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® on the eyes
- The image needs to be clear (2.5mb minimum and 5mb maximum) and be a close up of the entrant's eyes only
- Text describing their experience of wearing 1-DAY ACUVUE DEFINE Contact Lenses either from their point of view or that of a friend/family member (100 characters max)
- All entries must be the participant’s own image
- The entrant must have taken a trial of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® from their participating optician
- There will be twelve (12) winners, each receiving a (one) year's supply of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® NATURAL SPARKLE™ OR 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® NATURAL SHIMMER™. Each winner can choose which variant of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® lenses to receive as their prize.
- A year’s supply equates to 30 pairs of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® in either NATURAL SPARKLE™ OR NATURAL SHIMMER™ each month, for 12 months in total, from the date the winner is notified.
- Each prize is as stated, is non-transferable, not for resale and no cash or other prize alternative is available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award alterative prizes of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason outside of the Promoter's reasonable control.
- All twelve (12) winners will be drawn at random each Monday from 16 March 2015 until, and including 1 June 2015. The winners will be the first twelve (12) names selected at random under independent supervision from all valid entries submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The quality of photograph and text of paragraph validly submitted as part of an entry will not impact on an entrant's chance to win a prize.
- The winners will be drawn from all entries received before the closing time of 23:59 on each of the following dates: 15 March, 22 March, 29 March, 5 April, 12 April, 19 April, 26 April, 3 May, 10 May, 17 May, 24 May, 31 May 2015 and a year's supply of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® will be given away on each draw date. Winners will be removed from subsequent prize draws but unsuccessful entries will be carried forward to subsequent draws.
Winner Notification and Claim
- The winners will be drawn at random within 24 hours after the relevant closing date and notified by email within 5 working days of the relevant prize draw to the email address provided in their entry.
- The winners will be subject to verification by an independent third party. The prize may be withheld until and unless the Promoter (in its sole discretion) is satisfied with the verification. 1 back-up winner will also be drawn on each draw date at the time of the main prize winner and details kept until verification is complete.
- Winners will have 28 days to confirm acceptance of their prize by responding with their details (first name, last name, phone number). Once a winner's details have been verified they will be contacted by telephone on the number provided at verification stage to arrange details of prize collection. Details of all prize winners (name and county only) shall be available upon request for a 6-week period by contacting the Promoter via email on UKCS@visgb.jnj.com after 1 June 2015.
- The winners' one year supply of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® will be facilitated through Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies (UK) Ltd and their prescribing Optician (Optician). Each winner will be required to pick up their prize supply of lenses from their Optician at a date/time to be agreed between the winner and their Optician. Full details available upon request from UKCS@visgb.jnj.com.
- If a prize is not claimed via email within 28 days of notification, that winner will no longer be eligible and the prize will be awarded to a back-up winner and Conditions 17 and 19 will be repeated. The Promoter is not responsible in the event that they are unable to notify the winner as a result of an incorrect email address or phone number having been provided.
- By taking part in the Promotion, the winner acknowledges that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, use of winners’ names and/or images, statements made by each winner concerning the Promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the Promotion.
Winner Notification and Claim
- The image and text uploaded by an entrant when submitting an entry in the promotion must show only their eyes with 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Contact Lenses in place and describe their experience of wearing 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE®. Entries must not:
- Be violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene;
- Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be offensive or be about hate;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
- Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
- Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate;
- Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law;
- Contain any virus, Trojan horse or other harmful or malicious code;
- Show products, brands or logos etc. of ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses competitors or any other third parties.
- All entrants are subject to verification by Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies (UK) Ltd. Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities and subsequently withdrawn from the ACUVUE® Brand Website.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to any winner once they have accepted their prize
- Incomplete entries or those not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions will be invalid.
- Entrants' personal details will only be used for the administration of this promotion and will not be retained after the promotion has ended and prize awarded unless an entrant has opted-in to receive further marketing communication from ACUVUE® Brand when submitting their entry on the promotional website.
- By participating in the Promotion, the entrant grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their content (which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall include both their image and text describing their 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® experience for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to have tampered with or circumvented the entry process or the operation of the promotion or website by tampering with the operation of the Promotion (including not limited to) setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive. The Promoter shall ensure that the awarded prize is forfeited if the winner is found to have acted in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions or to be disruptive.
- The results of the prize draws are final and binding in all matters, and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners.
- Any questions concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or suspend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions in the event of exceptional circumstances beyond its reasonable control but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- By participating in the promotion, participants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Short Terms and Conditions
‡ Professional Examination and Fitting Fees may apply.
Open to UK, ROI, CI and IOM residents aged 16 years and older only. Entrants aged 16 or 17 must have parental or adult guardian permission before entering. Closes 23:59:59 on 31 May 2015. Entrants must have a consultation with an optician in a participating store and sigh up for a free‡ trial of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Brand Contact Lenses. ROI residents are also required to answer a skill question for entry. See full Terms and Conditions for full ROI entry details. 12 prizes of a year's supply of 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE® Contact Lenses available to be won. Internet access required. Max 1 entry per person. See acuvue.co.uk/define for full prize details and full Terms and Conditions.
ACUVUE®, SEE WHAT COULD BE, 1-DAY ACUVUE® DEFINE®, NATURAL SPARKLE™ and NATURAL SHIMMER™ are registered trademarks of Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. © Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. 2015.