Your Chance to Win
The ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge Competition
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to residents of United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 18 and over with a current contact lens prescription which shows that ACUVUE® contact lenses are suitable for them. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age and re-draw the prize if they do not provide proof reasonably promptly.
- Employees, agents or suppliers of the Promoter and its group companies, their family members, or anyone else connected with this prize draw are excluded from participating.
- Purchase of an ACUVUE® contact lenses product is necessary to enter the prize draw.
To enter the Prize Draw
- The promotion runs from 01/05/2021 until 31/12/2021. Entries received after this time will be rejected. The Promoter is not responsible for any delays in receiving entries owing to IT hardware or software failures or in the post which are outside its control. The promotion will run monthly, with a winner drawn at the end of each month.
- To participate, an entrant must:
• Have a contact lens consultation with an optician;
• Be prescribed ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. Fitting fees and other professional fees may apply. Ask your Eye Care Professional for more details;
• Buy their first box of ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses; and
• Go online to www.acuvue.co.uk/win-contact-lenses, complete the online form including the proof of purchase (proof of purchase must be from an eligible country - United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man - and display product details, value and date of purchase which must be after the promotional start date) and their personal details (name, last name, email, phone number, preferred ECP), correctly answer a skill question and submit the entry before 12:00:00 (noon) on the last day of each month.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- Entrants' personal details will only be used for the administration of this promotion and will not be retained after the promotion has ended and prize awarded unless an entrant has opted-in to receive further marketing communication from ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses when submitting their entry on the promotional website.
- The prize is one 12-month supply of ACUVUE® contact lenses. The specific brand must be the one that has been originally fitted and it must be suitable according to the winner’s prescription. “12-month supply” means lenses sufficient for daily wear for a 12-month period, eg 365 pairs of daily disposable lenses, 26 pairs of fortnightly disposable lenses, 12 pairs of monthly disposable lenses etc. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. The winner is required to return to the Eye Care Professional who provided the original contact lens fitting to receive provision of the free contact lenses.
- The Promoter may require the Entrant to provide as a condition for releasing the prize (i) proof of the winner’s identity and/or (ii) a copy of the winner’s current contact lens prescription which shows that ACUVUE® contact lenses are suitable for them. If the winner does not provide these items as requested within seven days of the Promoter’s request the Promoter may disqualify them and re-draw the prize.
- The Promoter will take all the reasonable steps to ensure delivery of the prize as stated, but it reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of non-availability of the stated prize. Otherwise the Promoter has no obligation to offer a cash alternative to the prize.
- The prize does not include the cost of any consultations with eye care professionals, such as eye tests or exams, contact lens fitting or any follow up appointments that the winner may have in relation to the prize.
- The winner will be selected at random, among people that correctly answered our skill question, under the supervision of an independent adjudicator within two weeks of the end of the promotional period.
- The winner will be notified by email within two weeks of the end of the promotional period. The promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner by these means but if contact is not established (ie there is no answer to a phone call and no response to an email or voicemail sent by or on behalf of the Promoter) within seven days of the first attempt to contact the winner, they will be disqualified and the prize re-drawn.
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers, including Ashfield Meetings & Events Limited t/a Ashfield Event Experiences, to administer the competition.
- In so far as permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for damage, loss, personal injury or death, costs, expenses or claims suffered by the winner as a result of the acts of their optician or other eye care professional in relation to their prescription.
- By submitting an entry to the prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- If you take legal action against the Promoter in relation to these terms and conditions, you may do so in the English courts, and subject to English law, but if you are a resident of Scotland or Northern Ireland you may alternatively take action in the Scottish or Northern Irish courts, and under Scots or Northern Ireland law, as appropriate to your place of residence. If we take legal action against you in relation to these terms and conditions, we will do so in the English courts, and subject to English law, but if you are a resident of Scotland or Northern Ireland you may ask the court to transfer the claim to your local courts and ask for your national law to apply.
- The Promoter is Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, Pinewood Campus, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3EW, United Kingdom.