It only takes a few minutes to clean your reusable contact lenses to help maintain healthy contact lens wear.
Just follow this quick, easy and effective routine at the end of each day:
- Before you touch your eyes, contact lenses or lens case, always wash your hands with soap (preferably non-perfumed, anti-bacterial liquid soap). Then thoroughly rinse them and dry them with a lint-free towel.
- Fill each chamber of your contact lens case with fresh contact lens disinfecting solution.
- Begin with the same eye every time you put in or remove your contact lenses. This way you won’t mix them up.
- Always clean your lenses immediately after you remove them.
- Place the lens in the clean, dry palm of your hand.
- Apply a few drops of the prescribed contact lens disinfecting solution.
- With one finger gently rub the lens back and forth on your palm to clean the lens surfaces.
- Rinse your lens thoroughly with a few more drops of the prescribed solution.
- Put the lens into your clean contact lens case.
- Repeat this routine for your other lens.
- Close the case and leave your lenses to soak overnight.
If you want a helping hand wearing or caring for your contact lenses, our LENSPAL™ app can give you all the advice you need.
Don’t forget to clean your contact lens case!
You probably know how important it is to keep your contact lenses clean, but it’s easy to overlook your contact lens case. Your lens case needs to be just as clean as your lenses.
Every time you put in your contact lenses, follow these simple steps to keeping your lens case as clean as possible:
- Empty your contact lens case of the old solution.
- Rinse it with fresh contact lens solution.
- Allow to air-dry, upside down on a clean tissue.
- Replace your contact lens case on a regular basis, usually every month.
Remember: Never use tap water to clean your contact lenses or lens case.
Refer to your contact lens solution instruction guide for further information about how long to soak your contact lenses or how often you should change the solution if you don’t wear them every day.