Read up on the common contact lens myths we’ve busted and discover just what makes ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses so comfortable
- Won’t it take ages for me to put my ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses in and take them out?
As with anything, practice makes perfect! Learning how to apply your ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses is like learning to ride a bike - it might take a little time to work out how to do it, but once you have it’s very quick and easy to get going! After a few goes, you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about.
- I want to try ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses, but the thought of touching my eye really freaks me out!
Lots of people feel this way, so don’t worry - you’re not alone! Although contact lenses rest on the eye’s surface, you don’t need to touch your eyeball to pop them in. When you take a FREE trial‡ of ACUVUE® your optician will show you exactly how to pop them on and take them off. They’ll even do it for you to show you just how simple it is!
- Aren’t contact lenses made of glass? They must leave your eyes feeling scratchy and sore, right?
Let’s get this straight – ACUVUE® Contact Lenses are NOT made of glass! In fact, they’re usually made up of more than 50% water, which means they’re extra soft on your eyes. This soothing built-in moisture is released throughout the day to help keep your eyes feeling fresh and comfortable.
- Is it possible for my ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses to get stuck behind my eye?
Absolutely not! There’s nowhere for them to ‘go’. If we’re getting technical, this is because there’s a protective film that covers the front of your eye and loops under the upper and lower lids. This stops things (like contact lenses!) from moving behind your eye, so there’s no need to worry. Just ask your optician – they’ll tell you the same.
- I play lots of sport. Won’t my ACUVUE® Contact Lenses just pop out when I’m running?
In a word, no! A well-fitting contact lens, such as ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses, will stay put on the front of your eye until you’re ready to take it off. Our contact lenses give great all-round vision, don’t fog up or break like glasses can, and even come with built-in UV-blocking to help protect your eyes from harmful UV rays*!
- My parents say that taking care of contact lenses is a LOT of effort and a big responsibility. Are they that much hassle?
Caring for contact lenses really shouldn’t cause you any trouble. Your optician will give you clear instructions on how to care for your lenses when you get your prescription. With regular wear you’ll soon find it becomes part of your routine, and you’ll be amazed at how easy it is!
- Sometimes I like my look in glasses. If I’m prescribed ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses, do I have to wear contact lenses every day?
The beauty of contact lenses is that they fit in with your lifestyle. So whether you’re in school, on the football pitch or out with friends, you can choose when to wear your glasses and when to pop on your contact lenses instead. ACUVUE® daily disposable contact lenses are great for this, as you throw them away at the end of the day. So you can pop them on when it suits you and - when you’re finished - take them off and just throw them away!
- My optician says I have astigmatism. What is that?!
Around half of the UK population with vision correction needs have astigmatism in at least one eye, so you’re not alone. Having astigmatism simply means that your eye has a slightly different shape than usual. It’s nothing drastic – your eye just curves a little more than normal. This can cause your long and short distance vision to be affected. If you ask your optician, they’ll be able to tell you more about how easily it can be corrected.
- I have astigmatism so I guess that means I can’t wear ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses?
Lucky for you, that’s just not true! Astigmatism can be corrected by both glasses and contact lenses. And ACUVUE® has a great range of daily disposable and reusable contact lenses especially for people with astigmatism. They’re uniquely designed to provide you with vision that’s as good as wearing glasses – but with no frames to get in the way!
* All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have UV Blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear such as UV absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed by your eye care professional.
‡ Terms and conditions for free trial of ACUVUE®. Offer open to UK and ROI residents aged 18 years or under. Offer only available to children who have undertaken an eye test within the last 2 years and have a valid sight prescription. Those under 16 (18 in ROI) will need to have the consent of an adult before taking the trial. Appointments are subject to availability. The contact lens consultation must be booked on the child's behalf by their parent or guardian, and they must be accompanied at the consultation by their parent or guardian. Free contact lenses limited to a maximum of either 10 lenses (5 pairs) of daily disposable lenses or 2 lenses (1 pair) of reusable lenses. Only one voucher per person. Only original vouchers (not photocopies) will be accepted. Voucher is not valid with any other eye consultation or trial offer. The offer is as stated and there is no cash alternative. By taking advantage of this offer you accept these terms and conditions.