If you decide to wear contact lenses you need to choose the right lens for your lifestyle. Here’s a guide to help you decide.
Types of contact lenses
There are two types of contact lenses:
- Daily disposable contact lenses – use them once and then throw them away.
- Reusable contact lenses – take them out and clean them at the end of each day, then replace them as directed by your optician.
Still unclear? You can read more about the different types of contact lenses here.
- Why wear daily disposable contact lenses?
Daily disposable contact lenses are the most convenient way of correcting your vision and are very comfortable to wear.
- A fresh pair of lenses everyday is the most hygienic and healthiest way to wear contact lenses.
- They don’t need to be cleaned or stored.
- Their no-need-to-clean, daily disposable design is particularly good for an active or busy lifestyle.
- They are ideal if you like travelling or socialising, because you don’t have to clean them, store them overnight or carry your lens case wherever you go.
- Whilst being really convenient for every day wear, they are also a great choice if you wear contact lenses part-time or just occasionally.
- Why wear reusable contact lenses?
It may be that your vision needs can only be corrected with reusable contact lenses, or it could be that they are your personal preference. Either way, reusable lenses are comfortable to wear and easy to look after. You’ll soon get used to cleaning and storing them as part of your daily routine.
And reusable contact lenses are the most cost-effective choice of contact lens for everyday use.
Your optician is best placed to advise you on which contact lenses are suitable for you. He or she will give you a contact lens fitting to make sure you have the right vision correction and lens type for your eyes and your lifestyle.
You can find out more about how to get contact lenses here.